From:
Cathy Liles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 08:07:02 -0500
You go- Dr. Jack! I am still waiting to meet the lucky woman who has an
orgasm every time she breastfeeds. In learning about the hormonal millieu,
it is clear that oxytocin is associated with loving feelings, it has been
called the hormone of affiliation, it is released during orgasm, childbirth
and breastfeeding, as well as other intimate times. Prolactin which drives
milk supply increases during breastfeeding, but NOT during sexual relations.
The combination of high oxytocin and high prolactin contribute to feelings
of maternal love and well being, while high oxytocin and low prolactin are
associated with sexual or erotic feelings. Breastfeeding is very sensual but
it is not sexual although the many breast fixated men in our society can't
imagine breast contact in a non-sexual context. Good luck with your talk.
Cathy Liles