From:
Ruth Scuderi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 21:38:20 EST
<<However, in her only reference to LLL in the book, she calls them
"Lactation Fascists" and "Milk Missionaries" because of their unrealistic
expectations for breastfeeding that most the women she knows, could not
fulfill. >>

What did she say are LLL's "unrealistic expectations for breastfeeding"?  If
it is about starting solids around the middle of the first year and/or
breastfeeding throughout the first year and afterward as long as it is
mutually agreeable to both mother and baby, then I wonder what she calls the
AAP's recommendations which are exactly the same.  Notice the difference
between "recommendations" and "expectations".  I don't believe that either
LLL or the AAP have "expectations" for mothers.

With that attitude, I would suspect that she would use a hateful adjective
for all breastfeeding educators/proponents.

Thanks for the heads-up.  This will not be a book that I will be interested
in reading.

Ruth Scuderi, BS, IBCLC
Westfield, MA