Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 03:20:52 PST
-------------------------------------
Susan Nachman-Srebrnik, LC
Lactation Consultant
23 Nativ Halamed-Hey
Ranana 43340
Israel
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Fax:(972)-3-566-1914
Phone:(972)-9-771-8274
-------------------------------------
I have a few questions ...
1.  Could there be a connection between reflux and episodes of apnea?  If so, I
don't get it.  I am working with a baby who was diagnosed with both.  The baby is
gaining weight very well and seldom spits up.  She has turned blue 3 times - twice
while sleeping, once while drifting off to sleep on the breast.
2.  The baby (female, age 1 month) has been on 1cc Prepulsid (Cisapride) 4x daily
and 1cc Zantab (Zantac) 2x daily for 2 weeks since the baby was diagnosed.  The mom
claims that the baby is "off the wall" since taking the meds.  I have seen with my
own eyes - crying, poor nurser, very difficult to comfort.  Is the baby behaving
like this because of her medical conditions or could it be due to the meds?
3.  Her gastro told her to add cornflour (cornstarch) to the milk and give it to
the baby in a bottle.  Good grief.  I nearly fainted when I heard that one.

I need some practical advice.  TIA.
Susan Nachman-Srebrnik, LC