From:
Ros Escott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 1995 09:46:00 EST
I helped a mother here in Hobart a couple of years ago who had had her
breasts bound in hospital for engogement.  This was no mere "support" as Joy
Anderson described, which works well.  This mother had a rib broken by an
over-enthusiastic nurse putting on the bindings!  It made positioning and
feeding difficult, which led to sore nipples, mastitis, etc.   We are not a
society that takes legal action readily, so this mother did not sue, but it
should be a warning to other enthusiastic would-be binders.
Ros Escott    ( Tasmania, Australia)