Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 23:25:31 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
I also have a toy store doll that I use for BF demonstrations. I find it especially helpful in prenatal classes and consultations. It helps break the ice and gives the mom-to-be something to hang onto.
Reading Winnie's post about using "the nose of a stuffed animal" made me smile as it brought back a somewhat silly memory from the first of the year. My 14 year old (birthday today) son came upstairs as I was putting away the Christmas decorations. He found me with my eyes closed, (trying to visualize a breast model I was creating) while I was "assessing" the snout of my husband's "Chris-moose" stocking. "Thinking about Christmas, Mom?" What else could I say but yes? I was talking to the young man who had just a few weeks earlier rescued my computer when I had accidently pressed the wrong key and created a wallpaper of nearly 100 "perky" breasts with nipple shields! I was trying to print out one breast with a shield to illustrate how it should be applied.
Is it too early to be thinking about Holidays?

Kathy Bowers, RN, IBCLC Taking yet another break from preparing for the conference...but I WILL be using a lot of the information that I have gleaned over the past couple of days. Besides, reading Lactnet is never a waste of time.

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2