From:
lisa mooney RN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 22:23:53 EST
You can find information if you go to www.mothering.com, it is a site for the
publication mothering, a progressive, humanistic type periodical about
alternative parenting such as attachment parenting. I believe it was three or
four issues ago there was a section on HIV and Breastfeeding and it
chronicled several women who were positive and breastfeeding. The majority of
the women who read and write this journal are extremely intelligent and there
was a plethora of shall I say sentiments about the scientific communities
assumptions about the transfer of the virus. Wouldn't it be a wonderful world
if everyone practiced attachment parenting? My friend just had her first baby
one week ago, despite a horrible OB/GYN who completely mismanaged her care
she gave birth to a 10 pound healthy baby boy via a traumatic c/sec. I am so
proud of her , most of her family , even her husband, tell her the baby is
spoiled and manipulating because she feeds him on demand. They believe he
should only eat every 3 hours. Well, she gets support from me thank goodness
and she listens to her instincts, Ok I will step off my soapbox, Lisa Mooney
RN BSN IBCLC