From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 11:27:51 PDT
Hi Linda and all
I agree that bf does "stack the deck" in favor of good health/emotional well
being. I use the analogy of cigarette smoking in class. It is very apt as
the hazards of its use were not immediately known. I suggest that most
folks/families who smoke have more disease/illness and those who are smoke
free are the healthiest. I say of course you may know someone who smoked for
90 yrs and lived to be 100. Or a non-smoker who died of a heart attack at
35. Still AS A GROUP smokers are sicker than non-smokers. Most people can
relate to this. Also Kathy Dettwyler has posted on how bf is one factor in a
much larger equation of genes, environment, etc. Check the archives for this
good explanation.
Children convenient? Our 5yo wants to take gymnastics and my dh duly notes
that this will not make our lives any easier (or more financially secure) -
duh. Four in a bed last night, btw.
Laurie Wheeler, RN, MN, IBCLC