Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 22:22:00 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (6 lines)
I am an RN and a lactation consultant and have been lurking on lactnet for about a year. In a moment of temporary insanity I quit my perfectly good job to return to school to try to obtain my PhD in Nursing so I could learn how to do research on breast-f
eeding. Anyway, I am now in the final throes of completing a research proposal for a predoctoral fellowship from NIH. In trying develop the significance statement for my proposal I came upon a Kaiser Permanente Study on Breast-feeding and Health posted o
n the Internet at http://www.greatstar.com/lois/bfh.html. Does anyone know anything about this study, is the information accurate and who wrote it? I would like to include the information in my proposal. Also, I came upon a summary of the breakout group
discussion on maternal-infant health focusing on developing objectives for Healthy People 2010. In the report a recommendation was made to establish a national goal for the number of women breast-feeding in the US when their infants are one year of age.
Does anyone have an update on this recommendation? You can E-mail me privately at [log in to unmask] Thanks! for your help.

ATOM RSS1 RSS2