Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2007 17:33:35 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (25 lines)
<<Hello, my name is Lori Passwater and I am a nursing student with Ivy  Tech College.  We are currently in our Maternal-Child class and discussing breastfeeding.  I am really interested in the topic of mothers breastfeeding their toddlers.  >>

I live in the U.S. and am the mother of four grown children. All but one nursed into childhood. My third child nursed until the age of five years. Almost immediately after weaning, she began to have symptoms of severe asthma and allergies.
  She is now 27 years of age and has insulin-dependent diabetes (diagnosed when she was 13 years), as well as asthma, allergies and a symptomatic pituitary adenoma. She is of normal weight for height and has a superb diet and exercise regimen.
  Over the years three separate physicians have told me they believe prolonged consumption of human milk helped her survive into childhood and may have delayed the onset of diabetes.
  As a mother, nursing until my children were ready to wean seemed completely logical and was quite easy. Our story illustrates one incidence of medical benefits of extended nursing.

Linda Worzer, BME, IBCLC, RLC, CD(DONA), AAHCC
  www.naturalbeginningsonline.com

---------------------------------
Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more. 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]
To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or [log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet or ([log in to unmask])
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2