From:
Pardee Hinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jul 1995 23:49:51 PDT
Hi Denise,

        I am glad to hear about your hospital considering research on the
relationship of epidural to infant suck.  We are planning to do a small,
fairly informal study looking at medication (read epidural) during labor and
delivery and infant feeding during the first 24 hours.  We have not refined
our instrument nor defined our study as the concept has just been agreed
upon.  We will include nursing, QI, anathesia, and LC in the planning of it.

        I will be happy to share anything we do with you.  Will you keep me
posted on what you do in this area?  While we are describing our studies a
bit differently, I sense that we are after the same thing.  E-mail me at
[log in to unmask] if you want to communicate and share further on this.  If
anyone else is doing this, I would love to hear from you too.    Good Luck!

Pardee H. Hinson, MPH, IBCLC
Charlotte, NC