From:
Jeanette Panchula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 14:49:56 -0500
Yes, the cost of the PNS has made it much slower to sell in our area -
especially as the salaries in Puerto Rico are much lower - even though the
cost of living is similar to NYC.

However, we are using the pedal pump with the Rental Kit in the purple bag
as a lower cost alternative, and, as the electricity in our island is often
erratic, the pedal has an additional benefit...

It is usually hard to convince moms that the Pedal Pump will work as well
as an electric pump - especially as we are so used to the "convenience" of
electricity  -  but we are learning to teach them to "pump in the rhythm of
a 'bolero' and not of a 'merengue' - and they get the idea and find the
pumping works fine...

Jeanette Panchula, BSW, RN, IBCLC
Puerto Rico