From:
Debbie Rabin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 19:45:53 -0500
Is there any documented information about the lenght of time oral thrush
takes to resolve? I am working with an ex-25 week 730 gram baby who is now 38
weeks, 2350 grms, and finally being bolus fed (graduating from continuous
feeding). The  MD wants to give ok to try to breast feed but baby has bad
oral thrush. She has been really sick, including staph aureas sepsis, chronic
lung disease (BPD), jaundice, feeding intolerance, etc. Mom has a majorly
 diminishing supply, so I would like her to put baby to breast ASAP but doc's
are worried that baby will pass thrush to mom and mom will pass it back, etc.
Any one have any ideas?

Debbie Rabin, OTR, CLC