From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 1995 19:51:30 -0400
Hello again,
Another thought on delayed or no milk production...
What about childhood (or older) abuse?  I have been told, anecdotally(sp?),
that in some cases a woman who has been sexually abused can have real
emotional problems with her body (I know this much from personal experience)
which can sometimes completely interfere with milk production. (I, luckily
didn't suffer from that)  Any *real* studies out there to corroborate this?
Janet

P.S.  I have a client in this position, very little milk production despite
pumping, herbals, SNS + BF, still only produces 1/2 oz per breast per
feeding, baby is now 2 months old.  She has a history of sexual abuse, so we
are wondering if this may be her problem....