Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 2009 21:49:20 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
One study I have found interesting regarding probiotics was published in the journal Pediatrics, I believe in about 2006, sorry but I don't have time to get you all the actual link.... I will post it later when I have more time, but you can access it by searching for "probiotics, colic and pediatrics." The study was performed to determine whether probiotics would be useful in the treatment of colic and babies who were determined to be colicky where divided into two groups and the babies were given directly one of two treatments - either Simethicone (I think or some other useless "anti-gas drops") or L rheuteri. They used the Bio Gaia infant drops. The gas drops babies showed minimal reduction in crying (big surprise :)) but over a period of 2 or 3 weeks the probiotic babies crying was reduced substantially. I found it to be a very exciting study - if you Google "Pediatrics, Colic and Probiotics" you will pop up a plethora of discussions about this article amongst practioners in many fields.

Kathy Lilleskov RN IBCLC (I apologize if somebody has already mentioned this article - I was slamming through the posts and may have missed a discussion of it)

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2