Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 18:26:44 -0500
Don't think this posted first time I tried so....

A question has come up on another list I moderate and we were hoping
someone here might have some additional comments.  The question is
simply: Can you overfeed a breastfed baby?  At first, this seems like a
simple question but there are many variables that can enter into play.
Here is one comment we've received so far:

>>you can't MAKE a baby drink at the breast if they don't want to since it
>>is such an active vs passive (bottlefeeding) process.  However is a mom
>>is pumping milk and then feeding via bottle I believe it would be
>>different.  Also it is not too say that some mom's may just have
>>"fattier" milk.  I have seen some very large breastfed babies but they
>>ALL have slimmed down in there second year.

Ilene Fabisch, IBCLC, LLLL, WIC BF Co
Listmom wicbfnet and MLCANET
Brockton, MA