From:
kersula family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 14:44:58 -0500
One of my lactation mentors (Susan Johnson, first president of VLCA here in
Vermont) said, "We're not here to make it happen. We're here to let it
happen."
Moms respond to that statement. Nurses do too - they seem relieved after
that first nervous laugh!

Also -
I've been having very good luck lately with moms who are not holding their
breasts (during hospital stay) and babies seem to need that holding.
"It's like trying to eat a doughnut on a string at Halloween." Moms and dads
laugh and I see moms holding the breast nicely after that.

Dawn Kersula
thinking of cider doughnuts here in Bright and Shiny Southern Vermont - oh
the blue blue sky after yesterday's fluffy flakes!...and glad I'm not at the
Xtreme Games at Mt Snow.