From:
g raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:39:53 -0800
I am equally intrigued by this topic.  My son was tongue-tied and still is and managed to breastfeed despite the tongue tie... however, i guess he would be considered mild as he has good speech and is able to lick his lips... i do read the posts by Palmer and others though and wonder if my son is facing long term health challenges b/c of his tongue tie...

i have so many questions about it...  is do we know what causes TT?  on wikipedia it says that in one study cocaine users had a higher incidence... however, suspect the study is it does get one thinking about the causes... and i'm wondering if there's anyone doing research on this..?  as we learn more about it and how it affects a baby's ability to nurse as well as long term effects on health and living it seems like this isn't such a  innocuous defect... and i would be interested in learning more... if anyone knows a good resource I'd love to know..

i've worked with several TT babes both pre and post op and i'll tell you ... these nursing couples go through a loT!

rgds
georgia