Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2006 12:33:05 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (30 lines)
Hello everyone!  I have been avidly reading all the posts and am in awe of all of the combined knowledge here.  I am but a CLC working under my mentor (an IBCLC) doing hospital visits, home visits, phone consults, classes and support groups, etc.  I have learned much in the few years I have been in this field and am certain I have MUCH yet to learn.

Ok...so here is what we are attempting and thought I would see if anyone here had any suggestions to make this work....financial, products, limitations, issues, any input would be appreciated!  We are trying to put together breastfeeding discharge bags for our area hospital...to be given to breastfeeding families instead of the formula bags.    

Contents in the breastfeeding bags would be items for the nursing family (Lanolin cream, breast pads, a baby/breastfeeding book, insulated bag and ice pack, flannel burp cloth, Mothering Magazine, Motherwear Magazine, breastfeeding teas, water bottle, list of support people and contact info., etc.).  

Obviously, one of the main concerns is funding.  We are having a good deal of success w/ some donations.  One wall I have been encountering is the bag itself...do we go with a bag of lesser quality to be able to make more available or do we go with a higher quality and be able to offer less.  I feel like we are competing w/ the formula companies here and as such need to provide a comparable bag (of course, living in Massachusetts the formula bags may be a non-issue).

Like I mentioned...any info./suggestions would be appreciated....I really want to make this program work.  I hate hearing from a mommy who at 2 am got frustrated and used that stupid sample from that bag!  

Thanks in advance.
F.R.O.G.
Colette Baran, CLC

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2