Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 2015 06:16:10 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
Depending on how resistant the baby is to it, some of what I did to get my daughter, Jullia, started nursing might help.  Here is a link to an article that was published in New Beginnings, which I wrote more than twenty years ago.  I should really write another version, which might be more helpful to other moms. There are many adopted babies who have learned to breastfeed, beyond the first few months.  With babies who are still bottlefeeding, the general idea is to gradually change the baby's experience to breastfeeding, by making small changes at a time.  Often, the changes are more likely to be accepted, if they are first offered when the baby is asleep but still sucking on the bottle nipple.  Threading the tube of a nursing supplementer through the hole in a bottle nipple, so that baby feels like he's drinking a bottle, but there is no bottle between his face and the breast, is a major step for many babies in the second half of the first year.  Lots of patience and creativity, are very important.  Also, I have found that negative experiences at the breast do nothing but set things back, so it's important to always be prepared to give the baby what he wants, if he starts to get upset.   Good luck!  It may take a great deal of effort, but will be well worth it!

http://www.lalecheleague.org/nb/nbsepoct93p135.html

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2