From:
The Curries <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 09:24:58 +0200
     Our hospital gives out giftpacks which I was very unhappy about - no
formula but had a booklet in them with some very shaky information about
breastfeeding, in them. The secretary in the ward was sending our patients
names to the organization that distributes the packs.    Going baby-friendly
the packs had to go somehow but my problem was solved - we had a take over
by another company and they felt that sending in the patients names to the
distribution company was a violation of the patient's confidentiality.
They have stopped them.   I have no idea how it works in the States but
perhaps this could be a thought!
Sincerely,
Barbie Currie.RN RM  White River, Mpumalanga, South Africa.