From:
Pat Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 23:15:06 -0400
I've heard other moms who needed to use a supplementer say similar things
and follow similar patterns of supplementing at some feedings, not others.
But I'm not sure about whether or not it makes sense physiologically, based
on what we know about how milk is produced and autocrine control, however
psychologically it makes lots of sense :-)  Pat in SNJ

>She much prefered having these times where she could feel
> secure in the amt of milk she had accrued and relax and enjoy the
experience
> vs. "fighting" with her body to make more.   My question is does this make
> sense physiologically?   Can we feel comfortable offering this as an
option to
> the Mom who has tried all to increase but now   wants to maintain
production?