From:
Eric Micah Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 10:24:56 -0800
Hello Friends,
     It is beautiful in Duncan, Oklahoma.  Have mowed our lawn twice
already!  Just thought I would let Dr. Jack in on something.........I guess
things aren't as bad in Oklahoma as in other places! I don't know if I
should rejoice or cry.
     Fellow L&D nurse had first grandchild in a large San Antonio, Texas
hospital.   C/S d/t CPD and some distress.  The baby is now under bili
light for a level of 12 and is not allowed to breast or even see the mom!
(Mom has a temp).   Thank the Lord that the granny of this baby has some
experience with breastfeeding.
     I feel guilty because it does my heart good knowing that even our
small hospital has come several steps farther than this large hospital.  I
am attempting to locate a IBCLC near this patient.  Needless to say a
letter is being written to the hospital with several references that I have
found.  (I knew writing this proposal would come in handy!).

Hope everyone's day will be as nice as mine is going to be,
Paula Hancock RN