From:
Tim Hendrix <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 13:30:16 -0400
Almost 2 years ago at the Lamaze conference in Orlando three of my
co-workers and I noticed at the White River breast pump booth (in the
back), the Teddy bear pump.  (Lamaze had, finally, ban all formula items
from their conferences.  So needless to say we were very upset by
this.)  I approached one of the sales women at  the booth to inquire as
to why that pump was there.  They felt "someone needed to make a decent
pump for the ABM companies".  A disagreement continued with this woman
between myself and another LC who was with me.  We promptly went to the
"higher ups" and had the pump ban from the rest of the conference.  As
to its effectiveness, I have no idea.  Even though our hospital gives
out the ABM bags (gag, me!) I have been successful in keeping the pumps
out of them.

Pam Hendrix (RN, IBCLC, ICCE) in stuffy, scorching hot South Florida!
Where even the pool water is too hot!