From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 21:14:50 -0500
Hi lactnuts
A few weeks ago, a grandpa of twins, upon hearing I was an LC, asked me an
interesting question. He shared that his daughter had twins and was advised
by the hospital LC to keep each one on their own breast so that they would
get the right supply to meet their demand. One would not get too little or
too much (imbalance?). He asked my opinion and I said I thought I had
learned it might be better to rotate them so the babies get the eye
development benefits and that each breast gets emptied well in case one was
a more vigourous nurser and the other wasn't. Would there be any reason to
keep them on only one breast? Today, weeks later, he tells me mom's kept it
one for one and it is going beautifully.

Laurie Wheeler, IBCLC, MN, RN
Violet Louisiana, s.e. USA