From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 07:26:50 -0400
Thank you, Aileen, for these well-spoken comments. I think that in
thinking things like this through, we need to make sure we direct some
*constructive* comment to the individual involved, with professional
respect and query, and focus our discussion here on constructive
comments, knowing that we do not have the entire picture of what is
happening with this or any other situation.  It is right to give Dr.
Meeks, and others, the respect that we would all appreciate receiving.

Kathleen

Kathleen Bruce RN IBCLC
Listowner Lactnet listserv
Archives: http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/lactnet.html

I think if we have concerns we need to share them. But in sharing them,
I feel it is important to do so in a way which keeps the focus on
working towards common breastfeeding goals in our profession.

I am not saying that Dr Meeks's decision is right or wrong. I respect
that she has reasons for making it. And I realize that I have concerns
about it. I just really believe that to understand better why the
decision was made, as well as have my own concerns "heard", open
attentive and respectful communication is needed.