From:
Susan Burger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:45:51 -0400
My latest analogy is building muscle.  Unfortunately, I need to update the image I have in
my own head about this.  I always think of Linda Hamilton in "Terminator 2".  She was so
much better than Arnie in that movie!  She went from slack muscled to beautifully pumped
up!

So, I tell moms, if you were to try to build up your muscle would you lie down on the couch
to do protect your muscle?  No, you'd have to start off with frequent short repetitions and
build up gradually.

Best, Susan