From:
Michelle Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2008 14:13:27 -0500
Recently in my reading there was an essay which discussed how very many dollars are given in AID to various organizations.  It claimed that when the helping hands go too far (and what is too far?), the governments of those countries come to depend on others doing for their people, and they abdicate responsibility which is really theirs.
   As a frequent contributor to requests, I now am taking a much closer look at my giving!  The best kind of giving is a thoughtful handsup such as the SERRV sales/gifts, and Heifer Project, or at least it seems to me.
Michelle Scott, MA, RD, IBCLC
Wellspring Nutrition and Lactation Services
632 Sand Pit Road
Mason, NH 03048
603 801-9140
Confidentiality Notice:  This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipients(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by email, and destroy all copies of the original message or you may call Wellspring Nutrition and Lactation Services at 603 801-9140.