From:
Maureen Minchin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 04:06:19 +1100
Hate to tell anonymous Angela in NSW but we have our very own
bottle-feeding without feeeling guilty book in Australia, by a dietitan who
has regurgitated the company material without any critique whatever, and
guess where she lives? Yes folks, it's in Sydney, capital of NSW, and yes
folks, she does quote Jack, and indeed he does live in Toronto USA. Now if
she lived in Melbourne we'd have educated her, but there's not a lot we can
do about the book except keep very quiet about it, since it seems not to be
around anymore. I won't spoil your day by giving lurid excerpts. Angela,
I'm happy to give you the reference if you think you can do anything to
improve her knowledge base.

We've been spoiled with having Ruth Lawrence, Randa Saadeh, Kerstin
Uvnas-Moberg (ALCA conference) and then Larry Gartner, Jim McKenna, Tom
Hale, and Gabrielle Palmer (CAPERS tour) here in the last month. Great to
see them all, and to hear the new research/ news from Kerstin, Jim, and
Randa. After hearing what Kerstin is saying about oxytocin, (overlooked as
a major regulatory hormone as central as adrenalin, but more important in
women) I'm not surprised to read in this week's New Scientist that
researchers have just realised that all major anatomy texts have been
incredibly wrong about the gross anatomy of the clitoris and its connexions
to other structures. Go read! Has all sorts of ramifications.

I'm only now signing back on as things get a little less busy. (Famous last
words.) Always send me a private e-mail if you want to respond to something
as I often have to drop out when travelling. Cheers, MM

Maureen Minchin, IBCLC. Christ Church Vicarage, 14 Acland St., St.Kilda,
Vic. 3182 Australia. tel/fax: 61 3 9537 2640
"Taking paths of least resistance is what makes rivers - and people -
crooked." poster in Palmerston North NZ bookshop...