From:
Christine Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 18:38:29 +0100
In the 80's their was a move by many midwives(in the UK) to change how much assistance at delivery was given. With the HOOP trial, a randomised controlled trial, research which was evidenced based,it was shown that this change in practice had no real benefit for mother or baby.

 If we practice by gut feeling only we can not only do harm but miss the boat in really supporting, protecting and promoting breastfeeding.

Periodicals of all types can have their place but should never subsitute the "real thing"!

Christine Wood
Bonn