From:
"Glass, Marsha" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 15:31:04 -0500
I just had to let off a little steam amongst friends.  I came back from
Memorial Day time off to the unpleasant discovery of a big box full of
E*****l travel mugs on our l & d unit!  Oh, and the box was almost empty
because, of course they'd been taken.  Then I went out to the pp floor and
there they were again.  Now, everywhere I turn, those cursed mugs (which are
really cute and handy.  Read that: "curses, foiled again"!) are in every
hand.  Just today I saw the admin. secretary several times in several
locations and darned if she didn't have that mug in her hand every time!!!
I explained it to her and another secretary why I didn't like the mugs and
she was surprised and somewhat sympathetic, because she hadn't thought about
how those mugs are paid for at the expense of the health of our babies, but
"I'm still gonna use this mug.  It's so cute!".  And it is, too.  Why, I
myself at one time or another have gotten, mugs, pens, food, measuring tape,
highlighter and other stuff from these companies, all gone now of course!
They solicit with such impunity.  And the first to defend them would be the
nurses who receive this stuff.

Marsha, who thinks it's cool enough for a bonfire tonight...and I know just
what to throw in it!