From:
Paula Hiett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2008 11:37:23 -0400
My NICU staff have asked for information on how long it is safe to have a
syringe of EBM (with or without HMF) infusing in continuous feeds?  WE have
move the syringe out of the isolet so the ambient temp for the milk is 74
degrees instead of the 98 inside the isolet.  I felt that 2 hours at a time was
reasonable, but the staff was thinking 4 hours (like ABM... ) should be ok... ?
I ran an archive search - and all the post seem to be years old.

By the way - the staff is VERY supportive of mother own milk - they want
whats best for baby - but would like to streamline their work load too.

Thanks,
Paula Hiett RN, IBCLC
Longview, Texas