Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 09:19:47 +0000
Callie Huza asks for support/information to give a client who has been told
(by whom???) to concentrate the formula by adding an extra scoop, for a
healthy 7 month old baby.

Here is one of the few instances (IMHO)  where it would be legitimate to
refer a client to the formula manufacturers' customer helplines - we have
them here in the UK so I imagine they are everywhere - freephone numbers
you call for product information. Here they offer to give advice on 'infant
feeding' as well as product info, which I would not feel comfortable with.
But they will surely be able to advise against over-or-under dilution, and
say precisely why both are ill-advised,  too.

Any health professional who is advising a client to mis-use an already
risky product in this way ought to have their eyes and ears opened.

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc Newcastle upon Tyne UK