From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 1996 19:37:13 -0500
Just for the record, I am seeing a few personal requests for help being sent
in from non-Lactnetters.

I am sending a note to each one of these people, offering to look up an LC
in their area who can handle their case privately, professionally, etc....

Lactnet is not a place for these kinds of personal pleas for help, and I am
discouraging this type of situation from occurring here. It is a list for
professional communication. Not only is it a potential dangerous situation
to help someone (legally speaking) over the email channels...(since we can't
see a situation...we don't take a good history..don't have any professional
way of evaluation the client in question.)...it is a burden for people to
have to answer email like this, when we **all** spend enough time doing this
kind of thing in our professional lives....or volunteer lives...and ..plain
old "Who needs it here?" is my feeling.

So...this is my note..to discourage anyone from having the thought of
sending a tough case...or a friend in need, to this list for help.  I am not
hard hearted...just wanting to keep these things separate.

Kathleen
Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC, LLLeader
Co-Owner Lactnet, LLLOL, Corgi-L
LACTNET WWW site: http://www.mcs.com/~auerbach/lactation.html