From:
Norma Ritter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2007 13:28:55 -0400
I have the opportunity to write a monthly column about breastfeeding
for our local newspaper, which is part of a large chain, the Gannett
Group.
The problem is that they insist on retaining the copyright to my work.
This makes me nervous, as we all know what can happen when even the
most trusted companies are bought and sold.  In addition, of course, I
understand that the IBCLE requires me to retain complete control.
I am looking for ways to satisfy both the IBCLE and the newspaper. I
have already suggested
giving the newspaper permission for a one-time only run, but they said
no. This is a wonderful opportunity to get out the good word and I
would be grateful for any ideas.

Many thanks, norma