From:
Chris Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 17:21:39 -0400
I'm working with a mom, baby 5 weeks old(by phone only, she is in another
state.) She is having what sounds like oversupply issues. This is a third
baby, and she was on bedrest quite awhile and was taking Nifedipine 60 mg
bid, for her preterm labor according to her. Her physician is treating for
ge reflux and told this mom that the stomach problems may have resulted
from the nifedipine. This was new info for me. Baby also was diagnosed with
thrush at 3 weeks,and is not being treated,  "its not bothering the baby"
according to the physician. Baby weighed 7lb 12oz at birth and at 3 wks was
10lbs 8 oz  Baby is gassy,inconsolable, nurses every 1-1/2hours. has a
distended tummy, and explosive bowel movements. A week ago we talked about
limiting feedings to 1 breast for 3 hours, and she said it helped and baby
had yellow stools for awhile but now they are green again, She is unable to
pump or hand express. I encouraged her to treat thrush as it may be a
component. She has stopped dairy.  I encoraged a longer strech between
switches , but I'm concerned at putting her at risk for plugged ducts if
she is unable to pump Any ideas? I did check old posts btw
Thank you, Chris Clark