From:
Susan Burger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2012 10:14:59 -0400
Dear all:

Now that the organizers have settled on the location for the Nurse in at the View, I'm putting up directions for those who might be using public transportation

Coming in via Penn Station. Take the 1 (red circle) train UPTOWN. The 1 train is on a SEPARATE platform from the 2,3 train. Enter near the FRONT of the train. If you end up on the 2,3 train by mistake, get off at Times Square 42nd Street and cross over to the local 1 Train. Both trains run through the same platform at 42nd Street.

Coming in via Grand Central. Take the S for shuttle (gray circle) train to Times Square 42nd Street. Enter the near the FRONT of the Train. When you exit, follow the signs for the 1,2,3 trains, veering to the right (you will pass a Martial Arts Video store on your left) and up a few steps. You will pass a hallway on your left and then the first steps down are to the UPTOWN 1,2, 3 lines. Get on the Front of the Train on the 1 line.

Get off at 66th Street Lincoln Center. If you are facing uptown, you will need to turn left to go WEST towards West End Avenue. You will cross over Columbus and Broadway (you will be in the area where these streets cross each other), then you will cross Amsterdam. If you end up at Central Park, you went the wrong direction. (After the nurse in I highly recommend that you spend some time in Central Park --- if you keep going across you will eventually get to the Central Park Zoo).

Most of the places to get food are on Broadway and Columbus or if you go past West End Avenue, Riverside Park might have some food stands. Riverside Park is also lovely and you can actually, walk, roller blade or ride a bike all the way down to Battery Park City. There are playgrounds in both Riverside and Central Parks. Most of the playgrounds are uptown from 66th Street.

If you are taking public transportation with a stroller, I highly recommend taking a light weight fold up stroller.  Most of the buses do not have enough space for the bigger strollers.  I think all of the stops on the subway have elevators, except perhaps the platform for the 1,2,3 at Times Square.

Best, regards, Susan Burger

Best regards, Susan Burger