From:
Chris Hafner-Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 22:48:15 -0700
Regarding Cheryl's request for "on-call" compensation, I have not received
any info from anyone on this particular issue for the survey on LC fees.
Some of you graciously provided all sorts of info and info on lecturing
fees, transportation, DME, etc.  What a delight it will be to finally
analyze all of this.  The survey is really moving along, and I welcome
anyone who hasn't given me their info, to please do so.   And now...I'd love
to be copied on anything any of you send regarding "on-call" compensation.
I truly believe these data will be incredibly useful and versatile for LCs.
Thanks again (p.s. If you've forgotten what I asked for, just email me
privately).

The number of responses I have received, including almost a universal sense
of wonder among LNers about the issue of compensation, has convinced me that
this is a valid use of volunteer time (yes, this is what we'd call a
"self-funded" study).
Gratefully yours,
-- Chris Hafner-Eaton, PhD, MPH, CHES, IBCLC    [log in to unmask]