From:
Lynn Shea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 12:09:30 EDT
Do any of you have any ideas for breastfeeding promotion in a children's
museum?  Do any of you have any examples from museums near you that I could
reference?  I figure that for the effort of raising $10,000 I would need to
look at grant writing.  If I am doing that- I might as well shoot for the
moon & get something fantastic that is pro-breastfeeding (not just
anti-bottle or formula.)
If money were no object- what would you want to see in a children's museum
near you?   Do you have any suggestions that would be helpful but cost less
that $10,000?

Interesting thoughts Tracy.   I often contemplate finding an avenue and a
*celebrity*   to promote and subsidize a breastfeeding awareness campaign.
Funding and developing this within the entire network of children's museums
(assuming they *are* networked in some way) might be a great, manageable start!
Whatever happened with Brooke Shields and her supposed formula ties? Do I
remember that Dr. Jay was working on helping to resolve this in some capacity-
perhaps she would be interested?!
Lynn Shea Rn,Bsn,Ibclc
Franklin,Massachusetts