Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 11:47:53 EST
i had a woman come to visit who had the use of only one arm. her sister had
sent her a sling (i make them) and she quite apologetically called to ask me
to show her how to use it. i didn't mind at all, her baby was a month or so
old, and she had learned to do everything quite well with one arm, but
carrying the baby was tough. she had to carry the baby facing out, upright,
and then could not do things like collect her mail.

she came to visit, changed diapers, etc., with one hand. i was so impressed. i
helped her get the baby in the sling, she tried different positions, and she
called me a few weeks later to say that it had made all the difference. so get
that mom a baby sling.

carol brussel IBCLC
had to become ibclc since selling slings didn't make me rich