Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 13:07:42 -0500
Dr Jack,
 As an adult who grew up eating bowls and bowls of "grips", I can attest
that they are not greasy at all (unless of course, one loads them down with
butter  :)  ). My favorite thing to eat with grits is shredded cheddar
cheese which is stirred in with the instant type and melts with the hot
water you use to mix them.

As an aside, I've always thought grits would be an excellent cereal for
kids as they have much more taste and texture than the rice cereal paste.
They are also whole grain and high in iron.
Obviously they are a corn product which could cause a problem for some.

Julie Lancaster RN
Melbourne KY