From:
Johanna Berger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Aug 1998 09:19:53 -0500
Marie,
A daycare cannot decide which foods a child may have and which foods he
may not have.  This is up to the parents to decide.  It sounds to me like
they have an issue with breastfeeding.  If they are so unwilling to give
this child EBM, perhaps a call to the State licensing agency might solve
the problem.  Ask the officials there what the policy is regarding a
parent's choice of food for child in daycare.  Be a little vague.  When
you have your answer, then explain the problem.  Let them know child has
milk allergy and it is very important for him to have EBM.  I think that
this will probably solve the problem.  If it doesn't, change daycares
immediately.  Of course this is easier said than done.
Lots of luck.  Have fun consciousness raising.

Johanna Berger, LSW
Breastfeeding counselor

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]