From:
Maurenne griese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jun 1998 07:48:22 -0500
Thanks for pointing me to this website!  My husband and I are homebrewers,
though I've had to avoid the tasty stuff since I'm pregnant.  I recall
stories from my Army Nurse colleagues who served in Germany that the German
hospitals kept heavy beer (like one heavy with hops, a galactogogue) on the
maternity units to increase milk supply.  Any truth to this for those of
you in Germany or other European countries (England and Belgium also come
to mind)?

After seeing the Mother's Milk Tea recipe on the page, maybe I should take
my attention away from the Red Raspberry Brew we're about to prepare and
formulate a Mother's Milk Brau?!  It would be ready by the time I have my
baby in September!

Feeling a little witty after Jack's post about Gloria's comment "please
bare with me."  Had me LOL because I spent a fair amount of time the four
months I was in n Hawaii literally "bare" sunbathing.  Hang loose, Gloria!

Maurenne Griese, RNC, BSN, CCE, CBE
Birth and Breastfeeding Resources  http://www.childbirth.org/bbfr
Manhattan, KS  USA