Date:
Wed, 10 Aug 2011 12:17:50 EDT
Pat writes:

<<Dana, CEUs and credits from an approved school (like college,  university
etc) are not the same thing :-(  Sorry to bust your $29.95  balloon.  Pat
in

<< For whatever it's worth, I did find  the answer to my question. This
> company (https://www.ceufast.com/)  offer online continuing ed aimed
toward
> nurses and they do offer  courses in medical documentation, universal
> safety precautions and  occupational safety. $29.95 for as many as you
want
> to do in a year, so  cheap too.>>
***************************
So Jan says,

But Pat, what the IBLCE  requires for those very courses that Dana is
talking about is continuing  education, not university courses.  They can be
taken anywhere, and any of  the course providers COULD develop the courses and
offer them online or in class  if they had the time, inclination and knowhow.
 IBLCE doesn't dictate how  long those need to be -- one hour?  Two?
Doesn't matter.  The  only college/university/credit programs are the ones that
are higher education  -- Biology (still shaking my head over that one), A&P
(as two different  courses -- why?), psych, soc, etc etc.

Dana, thank you for your  post.  I'm going to explore those, and then can
offer that to our CLS  students that take our course.

Jan Barger, RN, MA,  IBCLC, FILCA

Lactation Education  Consultants, Wheaton IL