Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 2011 14:23:34 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
I have personally seen Jennifer Tow's nutrition recommendations help mothers, and I think that this is one of the most neglected aspects in our work helping breastfeeding mothers.  I learned from her to ask moms about what they eat, to ask them to consider a few changes in a healthy direction, and have seen very positive results.

My own two babies were very late in starting solids, then had severe allergies to various things, I had symptoms of oversupply, and I just accepted it all as how we were, without ever receiving help from a nutritional aspect.  These are exactly the types of issues that I see Jennifer's nutritional recommendations helping moms/babies.  For what it's worth, I highly recommend her nutrition workshop!

Warm regards,

Gina

p.s. After my 51st birthday last Jan, with extra weight around the middle, I decided to give Jennifer's eating recommendations (along with Joel Fuhrman's "Eat to Live") a six week trial.  Not only did I feel better health, but I understood for the first time, how all the non-food food that we offer older babies will eventually outweigh (no pun intended) so many of the benefits of breastmilk.  My 6 week trial has turned into a lifestyle change, still going, and I have gone from 65 kilos to 54 kilos, or from 143 lbs to 119 lbs!

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2