From:
Dany Gauthier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 1996 20:58:03 -0500
For Teresa:

The video is very beautiful and I use it in workshops for Health
Professionnals. But as a Lactation Consultant in private practice, I have
seen too many mothers with sore and cracked nipples and - or failure to
thrive Bb due to poor latch ons...I prefer guiding the mom and baby on their
first nursing, and I encourage moms to receive a private course at home
(given by an LC) before giving birth. These are prevention measures that I
firmly beleive in. Take notice that the self-attachment will work in optimal
conditions: no medications, no interventions, great support and
preparation...all things we do not have in our society!
Dany Gauthier IBCLC
Tel: 514-923-3792
Fax:514-923-3802