From:
Diana Cassar-Uhl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:35:05 -0500
Oh no!  Cascadian Farm is on that list, as is Muir Glen, the tomato
sauce we use. :(
But...it appears that General Mills has the 50% joint venture with
Nestle for the list of cereals stated (including Cheerios) but that
the Cascadian Farm and Muir Glen trademark is a different part of
General Mills.

Is all of General Mills now part of the Nestle boycott, or just the
parts that are included in the 50% joint venture with Nestle?

*sigh*

I got my husband to switch to Ovaltine malt powder (he loved the
Carnation), ghirardelli chips for his cookies (A big Nestle guy, he
was), and I even got him to give up Chap-Stik brand lip balm.  We
switched from Contadina canned tomato products, and I stopped buying
Redken and Lancome.  We feel very Nestle-free!

Thanks for the information, even if it does complicate things!

--Diana in NY