From:
Jennifer Sokolow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 2009 22:30:07 -0400
Last night, Michael Pollan, author of "In Defense of Food" was
interviewed on the Colbert Report (a American comedy show that
parodies the news), and breastfeeding was mentioned in a positive
light! Pollan even Weissingerized his language.

Here's a link to the video, but I quote the relevant bit below.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/227618/may-13-2009/michael-pollan

* * *

Colbert: My guest tonight is the author of "In Defense of Food," so I
put barbed wire around his fruit plate.

Colbert: You say we make food “fake”. What’s wrong with fake food? We
start with fake food, you know? Put away your breast; give the baby
formula.

Pollan: Well, there’s a great example. We have been trying to
synthesize breast milk for 150 years, and we still don’t know how to
do it. And babies on formula don’t do as well as babies on breast
milk, and we don’t know why.

* * *

Jennifer