From:
Susan Stockwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 20:02:37 +0000
It has been suggested here that expressed milk be used on this in the same
way that it is used on sticky eye in a newborn.
Not only have I read that other cultures used mothers milk for skin
complaints, but my sister in law's midwife encouraged putting it all over
her newborn twins as it was 'marvellous stuff'. Soon after that my husband
had a nasty rash at the end of a virus and actually asked for my milk on it.
This is a man with a suit for work, no alternative remedies in the house,
both children fully immunised, processed cereal for breakfast~(though not
nestle) etc etc, really conventional. He doesn't even remember asking so it
must have been some kind of instinctive thing. I also used my milk on a
nasty skin burn from repeatedly holding my young baby under the arm, skin on
skin in hot weather.
My friend's midwife recently said to her 'that's not just food you have,
it's medicine too'.
Hope this doesn't duplicate other postings.
Susan Stockwell
Poole UK