From:
Robin Braun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 1996 15:04:09 GMT
We have a 6 mos infant that has been followed by IBCLC since birth for a
documented(suck/swallow study) oral motor dysfunction. Mom has pumped
for 6 mos and will continue, if there is any hope of getting the baby to
return to breast.  Would any of you with similar cases, share your
experiences?  Have any of you had an infant return to the breast?

We have tried SNS, Haverman nipple, cup, and various alterative feeding
methods.  The baby currently feeds w/ ameda egnell nipple (training
nipple- no longer available) about 15x/day.

TIA, Robin
Robin Braun                    [log in to unmask]
Health Information Center      509-458-7342
Empire Health Services         509-458-7790 FAX
800 W 5th Ave, PO Box 248
Spokane, WA  99210-0248