Date:
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:49:52 -0400
I think they're great, however, pricey. Most bracelets for "causes" run
about $2, this one  is $5. Yes, it's a wonderful cause, but is the point of
the bracelet to increase awareness of breastfeeding? If so, the price should
be less because more people would purchase the bracelets. If the idea of the
bracelet is to create funds to support breastfeeding, will the cost scare
people away?

Regarding cancer and breastfeeding, you never know if someone wearing a
breast cancer bracelet may be a cancer survivor! If you bring up
breastfeeding, the former breastfeeder may be upset that breastfeeding did
not protect them (as is the case for many of my friends/family). If you
bring up breastfeeding, and they did not breastfeed, it's like rubbing salt
into a wound.

Either way, you must be prepared to deal with honest and heart-felt
emotions.

Best wishes,
Heather "Sam" Doak
in stinking hot Ohio

<<
Did everyone already know about the breastfeeding bracelet promotion?  I
think it is such a great idea now that lots of youngsters are promoting
their ideas this way (by wearing plastic colored bracelets.)  Any ideas on
broaching the subject about breastfeeding and breast cancer when you see a
young woman with a breast cancer bracelet?  Saying that they could
breastfeed has been most unsuccessful for me:  received comments like---"it
is unnatural" to "it doesn't completely prevent it, does it?"

Here is the link
http://www.causekeepers.com/lansinoh/

Take care.
Pam.